Wednesday 16 December 2009

Jack is Back!

Blogsville!

Its been a while, where the hell have you all been? How would you just leave a brother hanging? Ok! I kid, I have been away for over 2 years but Jack is Back baby! So much has happened in the last 20-something months. Finished Uni, had a baby, been through 10 Blackberrys, moved back to the Motherland, visited states outside Lagos for the first time, got involved in national gossip and finally got married! Ok, I didn't get married! But I could easily have been married if I fully believed in that institution. Oh and I joined Twitter. (And ditched Facebook).

So I will blog about each of the different phases of my life over the past 20+ months. Its not a funny or entertaining blog just a run through of events. Finished Uni: Not much to say here. Last time I blogged I was on a year long internship at a company called Edirol Europe, by September 2008 I was back in Final year. At that point I realized that what I was studying at Uni (Accounting, Majorly) was NOT what I wanted to do. So I decided to Play away my final months, and hopefully finish with something above a 3rd class degree. I did. I got a 2:3.

Had a baby: In the 9th month of 2007 I won a contest and the Grand prize was a baby girl. Non-refundable. I am glad I won. Its strange how she ended up looking just like me. I have to say though she is the ONLY female that has slapped me more that 10 times. Her name is Tiwalola, named after my Fathers immediate younger sister. Couldn't have picked a better name. Shes probably the most beautiful prize I've ever won or anyone could win at all. Thing is, I can only keep her for 21years, anytime after that, some stupid bastard will win her away. And most likely even change her name. How fucking rude?

10 Blackberrys! I had my first BB(8800) in 2006, I remember I kept adding peoples MSN addresses to my Blackberry messenger but nah nothing! I mean it might have worked if the people I was adding also had berrys. It didnt last that long though, I left it in the back seat of a cab. The cabbie was a Jamaican guy so when I called to taxi company to ask/complain, they cut the phone on me. I didnt get another one (8300) till late 2007, guess what happened to it? No you guessed wrong, I was stupid enough to leave it at the back seat of another cab which my friends and I randomly hailed on the street after clubbing. I was drunk so I guess that's an excuse. NOT. Third one again was an 8800 which I used for a while and gave to a dear friend when decided to buy the BB 9000. The bold didn't last 2 months, on one VERY BROKE Sunday evening in London W2, I sold it to my phone dealer for 250 pounds and bought yet another 8800 for a 100 pounds - quickest and daftest 100 box I've ever made. This was December of 08 and I was on my FIFTH Blackberry.

Moved back to the motherland: In Jan 09, I moved back to the Nigeria. According to me then; To Begin life. What a joker! I have partied every single weekend this year (No jokes), infact, in Feb 09 I almost ended life in a near fatal car accident. But my new years resolution for 2010 will be to actually begin life. At some point in March, I gave my househelp (Mary) my BB and bought yet another Bold 9000 - and No! I wasnt screwing her! That Bold didnt last tho, I went for a friends birthday party, in HIS HOUSE. I decided to charge my phone in HIS LIVING ROOM. I left it for 5 mins and came back to a dangling charger. Hmmph! Where the fuck did I think I was??? THIS IS NIGERIA! Shortly after I bought a Storm 9500 that crashed after less than 2 months. I then started using my cousins 8300 and in less than a week, someone swiped it from my back pocket in at Insomnia nightclub while some chic was grinding on me. See its hard to focus on your backside when theres an orgasmic reaction about to happen in your front side. My ex sent me another 8300, which I had to give my cousin for loosing his, and then I finally bought YET ANOTHER BLACKBERRY BOLD 9000. - I am sure you guys are wondering why I am bragging sorry blogging about my BBs. But then ask yourself, is it normal to go through TEN of the same kind of phones in 3 years? Considering the last 8 came in the last 9months. Oh I also started work with some Advertising agency.


Ok! I'm actually getting bored of this blog even as I am typing it. I will leave the rest (visited states outside Lagos for the first time, got involved in national gossip, got married, joined Twitter) of the occurrences to your imagination. I promise to Blog once a week! Its been nice catching up!

Peace out!

1 comment:

Lagos Chic said...

i like! especially the part about the baby :)
welcome back to naija :)